Days 60 to 62 - Friday to Sunday - July 25 to 27 - Layover days in Haines


Looking north from Haines toward Skagway.

Since I had missed the ferry to Prince Rupert yesterday and the next one would not leave until Thursday, July 31st. there was no hurry to get to Skagway.










The tent camping area at the Oceanside Campground.

The weather these three days was windy and rainy and I had a dry place to stay in Haines so the choice to stay put was easy. I decided to wait until the weather was nice for the last day of my Inside Passage kayak trip.
During my 3 ½ days stay in Haines I probably ate at every restaurant in town at least once. My favorites were the Pioneer / Bamboo Room restaurant, which served home style cooking, and the Mountain Market CafĂ© that specialized in healthy foods and had great coffee.


The State Fair in Haines, Alaska.

On Saturday, I went to the state fair that was being held this weekend in Haines. The grounds were muddy from three days of rain but everyone had on their rubber boots and was having a good time.