THE SECOND LEG STARTS HERE


My campsite at the Sunny Sanctuary campground in Port Hardy.

After spending the last seven days driving 3,140 miles from my home near New Orleans Louisiana, I had finally arrived at my departure point for the second leg of my Inside Passage kayak trip, Port Hardy, British Columbia on Vancouver Island. This year’s trip would start from the Sunny Sanctuary Campground in Port Hardy, not far from where last years trip had ended. I spent a couple of days taking care of last minute details like shipping food packages ahead to three towns in Canada where I would be stopping. I also arranged for the storage of my van at the campground for the two months I would be gone. I used most of the last day, packing up my clothing and equipment, and working out the best way to fit everything in the boat. Things that were not absolutely necessary were left behind.


This is the launch spot on the Quatse River at the Sunny Sanctuary campground.