Day 57 - Tuesday - July 22 - Storm layover day south of Sherman Point

Looking south from my campsite on Lynn Canal south of Point Sherman.

The weather today turned out to be just as had been forecast, so paddling was out of the question. It looked like I was in store for another day of sitting on a beach, waiting for the weather to clear. This would be the sixth such day on this leg of the trip.

Bad weather on Lynn Canal.

The campsite was in a good location and I was well above high tides. There was even plenty of water available from a nearby creek. My only concern was running out of food. I had enough for three more days so if I were not in Haines by Thursday night it would be gone.